Sales & Marketing
Position Type: Non-Management
Education and Experience
- 3 years experience in the sales and marketing
- Degree from an accredited university in Business Administration, Marketing, Hotel and Restaurant Management, or related major; 2 years experience in the sales and marketing
CORE WORK ACTIVITIES
Managing Sales Activities
- Achieves hotel revenue goals by responding to incoming group/catering opportunities for the property that are within the pre-defined peak room parameters.
- Understands the overall market (e.g., competitors’ strengths and weaknesses, economic trends, supply and demand etc.) and knows how to sell against them.
- Closes the best opportunities for the property based on market conditions and property needs.
- Uses negotiating skills and creative selling abilities to close on business and negotiate contracts.
- Achieves group revenue goals by actively up-selling each business opportunity to maximize revenue opportunity.
- Works with the management team to create and implement a sales/marketing plan addressing revenue, customers, and market.
- Assists with selling, implementation, and follow-through of sales promotions.
- Attends pre- and post-convention meetings to understand needs, obtain feedback on quality of product (e.g., rooms, meeting facilities and equipment, food and beverage), service levels, and overall satisfaction.
- Provides accurate, complete, and effective turnover to Management.
- Conducts site inspections, as required.
- Monitors same day selling procedures to maximize room revenue and control hotel occupancy.
- Executes and supports the operational aspects of business booked (e.g., generating proposal, writing contract, customer correspondence).
- Monitors the effective resolution of guest issues that arise as a result of the sales process.
- Verifies successful performance by increasing revenues, controlling expenses, and providing a return on investment for the hotel.
- Performs other duties, as assigned, to meet business needs.
Building Successful Relationships
- Builds and strengthens relationships with existing and new customers to enable future bookings.
- Executes exemplary customer service to drive customer satisfaction and loyalty by assisting the customer and verifying their satisfaction before and during their program/event.
- Serves the customer by understanding their needs and recommending the appropriate features and services that best meet their needs and exceed their expectations, while building a relationship and loyalty to hotel.
- Gains understanding of the property’s primary target customer and service expectations; serves the customer by understanding their business, business issues and concerns, to offer better business solution both prior to, and during, stay, the program/event.
- Follow all company policies and procedures; ensure uniform and personal appearance are clean and professional; maintain confidentiality of proprietary information; protect company assets.
- Speak with others using clear and professional language.
- Prepare and review written documents accurately and completely.
- Answer telephones using appropriate etiquette.
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with others; support team to reach common goals; listen and respond appropriately to the concerns of other employees.
- Stand, sit, or walk for an extended period of time.